- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove People and Society filter People and Society
- Remove Defense filter Defense
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
- Remove Archaeology filter Archaeology
- Remove Eidfjord filter Eidfjord
- Remove Stord filter Stord
- Remove Askøy filter Askøy
- Remove Sunnhordland filter Sunnhordland
- Remove Skule filter Skule
- Remove Burial mounds filter Burial mounds
- Remove Tysnes filter Tysnes
The biggest collection of prehistoric burial relics in Stord is to be found in Hystadmarka. There are still 16 burial mounds and two stone rings visible here; finds that span from the Bronze Age to the Viking Age in time.
The prehistoric site at Årbakkasanden with menhirs and burial mounds has been visited, described and illustrated by many learned researchers through the last 350 years. All the same, we still know very little of this unique cultural monument.