- Remove Quarns and mills filter Quarns and mills
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
- Remove Trading posts and guesthouses filter Trading posts and guesthouses
- Remove Austrheim filter Austrheim
- Remove Wetland filter Wetland
- Remove Wildlife filter Wildlife
A marsh is a grassy meadow that is strongly influenced by salt from the sea. This type of nature is abundant in Denmark, among other places. The flatlands along the river that run out by Leirvågen, are the municipalities' largest marsh. At spring tide, these flatlands are flooded underwater for several hundred metres in over land.
Lake Purkebolsvatnet is perhaps western Norway's largest sleeping city - for birds. They come in the thousands, usually in later summer and autumn. The barn swallows alone number 10 000 - 12 000 at their most numerous.