- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove Askøy filter Askøy
- Remove Tysnes filter Tysnes
- Remove Sunnhordland filter Sunnhordland
- Remove Archaeology filter Archaeology
- Remove Memorial stones filter Memorial stones
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Midthordland filter Midthordland
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove Aristocracy and civil servants filter Aristocracy and civil servants
- Remove Sund, frå 2020 del av nye Øygarden kommune filter Sund, frå 2020 del av nye Øygarden kommune
B.E.Bendixen, who has written about “The Churches in Søndre Bergenhus Amt”, believed even around 1900 that there was evidence at Tyssøy of the church or the chapel of the Holy Ludvig (Louis). Two large stone blocks had lain in the western wall of the church’s nave, and this wall showed a length of 16 meters in the terrain.
The prehistoric site at Årbakkasanden with menhirs and burial mounds has been visited, described and illustrated by many learned researchers through the last 350 years. All the same, we still know very little of this unique cultural monument.