- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove People and Society filter People and Society
- Remove Defense filter Defense
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
- Remove Sunnhordland filter Sunnhordland
- Remove Dialects and arts filter Dialects and arts
- Remove Kvinnherad filter Kvinnherad
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Sveio filter Sveio
- Remove Trading posts and guesthouses filter Trading posts and guesthouses
- Remove Music filter Music
Einstapevoll (from einstape: “bregne” (fern)) lies on the west side of the Tittelsnes peninsula. Up to 1831 the farm was a vicarage belonging to Stord parish. The priests had leasing rights. Land rent and other fees from the farm was part of their salaries.
“Fartein Valen is the key figure within newer Norwegian music. Not by way of being more popular than other younger composers, but because he aims at things higher, which he is fully confident of being able to reach since he commands all techniques. But there is a price to pay for reaching above the ordinary, and there is a price to pay for demanding more than the ordinary from the listeners. This is something Valen has experienced”.