- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove People and Society filter People and Society
- Remove Defense filter Defense
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
- Remove Sunnhordland filter Sunnhordland
- Remove Dialects and arts filter Dialects and arts
- Remove Kvinnherad filter Kvinnherad
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Sveio filter Sveio
- Remove Trading posts and guesthouses filter Trading posts and guesthouses
- Remove Etne filter Etne
Einstapevoll (from einstape: “bregne” (fern)) lies on the west side of the Tittelsnes peninsula. Up to 1831 the farm was a vicarage belonging to Stord parish. The priests had leasing rights. Land rent and other fees from the farm was part of their salaries.
The trading post down by the fjord at Kyrping does not belong to the oldest group of trading posts from the 1600s and 1700s. It was only after the liberalisation of the trading legislation that trade was established here.
There are only two buildings left of the old trading and guesthouse settlement in Skånevik. They are in the centre, close to the main road passing through the settlement. The other buildings that belonged to the place, the lodging house (“Holteriet”), the bakery, the courthouse, the boathouse and the sea house with the store, were pulled down in the last century.