- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Livelihood and Craftsmanship filter Livelihood and Craftsmanship
- Remove Road constructions filter Road constructions
- Remove Vernacular crafts filter Vernacular crafts
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Voss, frå 2020 del av nye Voss herad. filter Voss, frå 2020 del av nye Voss herad.
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Lakes, rivers and river networks filter Lakes, rivers and river networks
The village at Bolstadøyri acquired its structure around the middle of the 1800s, but from the old days there has been a meeting place here; court location and trading post. The guesthouse place stems from the second half of the 17th century, and in the previous century Bolstadøyri was one of the largest rural trading posts in Nordhordland.
Evanger (from Old Norse ålvangr, “vang”, “voll” (field) where the horses may graze) is the place where the river from Vangsvatnet, the Voss watercourse, runs out into Evangervatnet. From here Teigdalen valley runs to the north, towards Eksingedalen, and from here there is a short distance to Bergsdalen in the south.
There is probably no bigger salmon to be found in the whole wide world than in Vosso. The average size varies from season to season of course, but for many years this fish has had an average weight of over 10 kilograms. Thumping big ones of 30 kg. have been fished from the river, but one must go back to the 1940s for the last salmon of this size last that was caught.