- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove Nordhordland filter Nordhordland
- Remove Vaksdal filter Vaksdal
- Remove Factories filter Factories
- Remove Farm sites filter Farm sites
- Remove Quarns and mills filter Quarns and mills
- Remove Osterøy filter Osterøy
From written sources we know that the farm Gullbrå was in use early in the 1600s. The Apostolic church in Bergen owned land here that it rented out, but even early in the 1600s some of the land was in private ownership. Eksingedalen then belonged to Modalen parish, which was under Hamre parish. In 1723 the Apostolic church still had properties here, and Ivar and Lars were farmers.
In the sunny, steep fjord landscape along Sørfjorden on the east side of Osterøy is the farm Havrå. The small “hamlet” is one of the few undisturbed farming communities that gives us the impression of the large communal yards in West Norway in the 1700s, with houses built close together and strips of arable land.