- Remove Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage filter Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
- Remove Iron age filter Iron age
- Remove Farm sites filter Farm sites
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Boat- and shipyards filter Boat- and shipyards
- Remove Industry, Energy and Natural Resources filter Industry, Energy and Natural Resources
In 1852 Haktor Thorsen erected two large warehouses on one of his farms in Sunde and started trading and salting herring. This was the start of an industrial adventure that made Sunde into one of the first industrial communities in Kvinnherad.
If you are lucky you can find 9000-year-old pine stumps on Hardangervidda. Since that time, the tree line has continuously declined. But now, it is on its way back up again.