- Remove Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage filter Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage
- Remove Museum filter Museum
- Remove Boat- and shipyards filter Boat- and shipyards
- Remove Ullensvang, frå 2020 del av nye Ullensvang kommune. filter Ullensvang, frå 2020 del av nye Ullensvang kommune.
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Etne filter Etne
- Remove Trading posts and guesthouses filter Trading posts and guesthouses
The trading post down by the fjord at Kyrping does not belong to the oldest group of trading posts from the 1600s and 1700s. It was only after the liberalisation of the trading legislation that trade was established here.
There are only two buildings left of the old trading and guesthouse settlement in Skånevik. They are in the centre, close to the main road passing through the settlement. The other buildings that belonged to the place, the lodging house (“Holteriet”), the bakery, the courthouse, the boathouse and the sea house with the store, were pulled down in the last century.
When sergeant Peder Larsen Børsem from Strandebarm was “demobilised” in 1721, following the large Nordic War, he married the Bergen lady Elisabeth Schrøder and settled as innkeeper at Utne with a letter of privilege from the county governor dated 29 October 1722.