- Remove Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage filter Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage
- Remove Arkeologi filter Arkeologi
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
- Remove Defense filter Defense
- Remove Hardanger og Voss filter Hardanger og Voss
- Remove Museum filter Museum
- Remove Boat- and shipyards filter Boat- and shipyards
- Remove Nordhordland filter Nordhordland
- Remove Industry, Energy and Natural Resources filter Industry, Energy and Natural Resources
Today Tyssedal appears like a classical industrial community, a picture of modern Norway from the turn of the former century until today. A/S Tyssefaldene was established in 1906, and on 1 May 1908 Tyssedal power station was put into operation. The work on the first stage of the facility was completed in a short time, with a work force of 500 men. They built water tunnels, regulation reservoirs, power station, penstocks, harbour, cableways, office buildings, houses and 6 km of power lines in the wild mountains above Odda to provide the new melting plant with power.
Valestrand became a centre for the tanning industry in Osterøy; one of the old crafts that has developed into a local industry with many places of work. From the 1870s ever more ventures were started. Many of the large sea houses we see today around the bay have been places for tanning and leather enterprises.