- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove People and Society filter People and Society
- Remove Sunnhordland filter Sunnhordland
- Remove Kvinnherad filter Kvinnherad
- Remove Bedrock filter Bedrock
- Remove Mines filter Mines
- Remove Quarries filter Quarries
- Remove Metamorphic rocks filter Metamorphic rocks
All in all there are ten known copper mines and two iron mines on the Ølve peninsula. Geologically, the nine mines on Varaldsøy Island also should be figured in. The industry began at Lilledal in 1642 wth the mining of iron ore. From Jernsmauget by Dyråsen, the iron ore was sent to the iron works in eastern Norway.
At nearly 1000 metres over sea level, on the north side of INGAHOGG mountain, the remains of a soapstone quarry have been discovered. It is said, according to the Sagas, that Inga collected the big soapstone that lies in front of the Åkra Church from here.