- Remove Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage filter Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage
- Remove Arkeologi filter Arkeologi
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
- Remove Farm sites filter Farm sites
- Remove Boat- and shipyards filter Boat- and shipyards
- Remove Livelihood and Craftsmanship filter Livelihood and Craftsmanship
Today the name “Verftet” is linked to both a district and conglomeration of buildings lying protected by Fredriksberg castle. The original shipyard was founded in the 1780s by Georg Brunchorst and Georg Vedeler. It was called Gerogenes Verft (the shipyards of the Georgs), and here ships were both built and repaired in the years after 1786.
The farm STAUP lies on a shelf in the terrain above Løno. From the highway E16 it is possible to glimpse the houses through the trees. The farm is without a road, and the old farmyard and the cultural landscape is very well preserved. In the 1980s grants were given to carry out maintenance work with the intention of protecting the houses in the farmyard.
Close to the tunnel opening at Amalie Skrams vei in Ssandviken, there is a cultural monument of European dimensions; a rope making works that produced rope and fishing tackle for West and North Norway.