- Remove Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage filter Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage
- Remove Arkeologi filter Arkeologi
- Remove Museum filter Museum
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Livelihood and Craftsmanship filter Livelihood and Craftsmanship
- Remove Kvam filter Kvam
- Remove Farm sites filter Farm sites
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Trading posts and guesthouses filter Trading posts and guesthouses
Through Adolph Tidemand’s detailed close-ups of smokehouses in Kvam, the vicarage in Vikøy, where he lived during his painting trips through Hardanger, has obtained a central position in the Norwegian national romanticism.
Norheim, “the farm by the narrow sound” is mentioned in a diploma from the Middle Ages and in an inheritance document. This is one of the large farms in Hardanger, of those that belonged to the powerful families; Sandven in Kvam, Torsnes in Jondal, Aga in Ullensvang and Spånheim in Ulvik.
Bruosen is one of the few river harbours in the county. As landing place for the churchgoers, this place and the boatshed environment follow a tradition that goes back to the Middle Ages, but the country store of today is much younger.