- Remove Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage filter Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage
- Remove Arkeologi filter Arkeologi
- Remove Museum filter Museum
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Livelihood and Craftsmanship filter Livelihood and Craftsmanship
- Remove Kvam filter Kvam
- Remove Farm sites filter Farm sites
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Odda, frå 2020 del av nye Ullensvang kommune. filter Odda, frå 2020 del av nye Ullensvang kommune.
Through Adolph Tidemand’s detailed close-ups of smokehouses in Kvam, the vicarage in Vikøy, where he lived during his painting trips through Hardanger, has obtained a central position in the Norwegian national romanticism.
The mountain settlement Reinsnos is situated at nearly 700 metres above sea level at the end of the Reinsnos lake; an entry point to the Hardanger plateau.
Norheim, “the farm by the narrow sound” is mentioned in a diploma from the Middle Ages and in an inheritance document. This is one of the large farms in Hardanger, of those that belonged to the powerful families; Sandven in Kvam, Torsnes in Jondal, Aga in Ullensvang and Spånheim in Ulvik.