- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove People and Society filter People and Society
- Remove Askøy filter Askøy
- Remove Os, frå 2020 del av nye Bjørnafjorden kommune filter Os, frå 2020 del av nye Bjørnafjorden kommune
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
- Remove Chieftains and royal lines filter Chieftains and royal lines
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove Aristocracy and civil servants filter Aristocracy and civil servants
- Remove Archaeology filter Archaeology
- Remove Fjell, frå 2020 del av nye Øygarden kommune filter Fjell, frå 2020 del av nye Øygarden kommune
Numerous finds show that the settlement at Herdla goes back to prehistoric times, and the large estate at Herdla has enjoyed a central place in the nation’s history since High Middle Ages. As Ask, Herdla was part of the country estate Harald Hårfagre took over as he took command of the west of Norway.
In connection with the planned developments in the oil sector at Vindenes around 1980, excavations were carried out under the auspices of Bergen Historical Museum. Exceptionally interesting traces of an old farm at Høybøen then came to light. These were the remnants of a farm where there had been two houses containing several rooms.