- Remove Modalen filter Modalen
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Nordhordland filter Nordhordland
- Remove Vaksdal filter Vaksdal
- Remove Meland, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune. filter Meland, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune.
- Remove Trading posts and guesthouses filter Trading posts and guesthouses
- Remove Fedje filter Fedje
Kræmmerholmen is one of the old privileged trading posts. From the 1600s all trading in West Norway took place in Bergen, and the farmers were obliged to travel into town in order to sell their produce and buy what they needed. In Bergen City Privilege of 1702 the merchants in the city were allowed to establish “Trading posts in the countryside”. The owner had to have residency in Bergen and the trading post was to be run by an assistant. In this way the city retained financial control of those living in the districts, and not least with buying and selling of fish.