- Remove Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage filter Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
- Remove Farm sites filter Farm sites
- Remove Boat- and shipyards filter Boat- and shipyards
- Remove Kvam filter Kvam
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Churches filter Churches
Norheim, “the farm by the narrow sound” is mentioned in a diploma from the Middle Ages and in an inheritance document. This is one of the large farms in Hardanger, of those that belonged to the powerful families; Sandven in Kvam, Torsnes in Jondal, Aga in Ullensvang and Spånheim in Ulvik.
Through Adolph Tidemand’s detailed close-ups of smokehouses in Kvam, the vicarage in Vikøy, where he lived during his painting trips through Hardanger, has obtained a central position in the Norwegian national romanticism.