- Remove Arkeologi filter Arkeologi
- Remove Museum filter Museum
- Remove Boat- and shipyards filter Boat- and shipyards
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
- Remove Defense filter Defense
- Remove Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage filter Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage
- Remove People and Society filter People and Society
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
Numerous finds show that the settlement at Herdla goes back to prehistoric times, and the large estate at Herdla has enjoyed a central place in the nation’s history since High Middle Ages. As Ask, Herdla was part of the country estate Harald Hårfagre took over as he took command of the west of Norway.
Tælavåg has a significant place in the history of the German occupation in WWII. The small community by the sea, where for centuries people had made a living from farming and fishing in harmony with the natural resources, in 1942 became the victim of German reprisals without their equal in Norwegian war history. The collection of war histories in Tælavåg provides us with a close-up of the dramatic events.