- Remove People and Society filter People and Society
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
- Remove Stord filter Stord
- Remove Askøy filter Askøy
- Remove Chieftains and royal lines filter Chieftains and royal lines
- Remove Aristocracy and civil servants filter Aristocracy and civil servants
Numerous finds show that the settlement at Herdla goes back to prehistoric times, and the large estate at Herdla has enjoyed a central place in the nation’s history since High Middle Ages. As Ask, Herdla was part of the country estate Harald Hårfagre took over as he took command of the west of Norway.