- Remove Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage filter Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Sunnhordland filter Sunnhordland
- Remove Hardanger og Voss filter Hardanger og Voss
- Remove Etne filter Etne
- Remove Churches, Cloisters, Christianity filter Churches, Cloisters, Christianity
The first church at Grindheim was a stave church with a free-standing steeple. The church was first mentioned in 1326, but was probably built long before this time.
The stone church at Støle may have been built around 1160 probably as a private chapel for the mighty Stødle clan. It is likely that it was Erling Skakke, the king’s representative and father of king Magnus Erlingsson, who built the church.