- Remove Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage filter Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
- Remove Farm sites filter Farm sites
- Remove Defense filter Defense
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
“At thick of night a thundering knock on the door; the man in the house wakes up, jumps out and demands: Who cries? Yes, now you must out, the beacon shines on Høgenut. And in the same breath, every man knew that strife had hit the land.”
The mountain settlement Reinsnos is situated at nearly 700 metres above sea level at the end of the Reinsnos lake; an entry point to the Hardanger plateau.
The farm Ringheim by Lundarvatnet is amongst the largest in Voss. It is divided into eight units and four cadastral numbers: Store Ringheim, Indre Ringheim, Nedre Ringheim and Vetle Ringheim. The farm Lund, from which Lundarvatnet takes its name, must have been a part of Ringheim, and the farms Gjerde and Tròdo (Trå) must formerly have been separated from Ringheim. The name Ringheim indicates that it stems from early times.
When you come into the well-tended farm steading at Sæbø just above Etne centre, you get the impression of a Sunnhordland farm from well before the time of the tractor; from the time of the horse and the scythe. The hamlet at Sæbø, one of the farms neighbouring to Gjerde, was taken over by Sunnhordland Folk Museum in 1938.