- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove Nordhordland filter Nordhordland
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Hardanger og Voss filter Hardanger og Voss
- Remove Boat- and shipyards filter Boat- and shipyards
- Remove Archaeology filter Archaeology
- Remove Runestones filter Runestones
At Salthamaren in Vangdalsberget it is thought that salt was burned some time in history, and deep layers of coal in the ground show that fire has been made up here several times. But they were hardly salt-burners, the first people who stopped here. Some of them carved figures into the rock. On top of the rocky outcrop, furthest out on the cliff, a group of Stone Age hunters carved animal figures. More than 1,500 years later Bronze Age farmers drew ship figures at the foot of the rock. Both these works of art - some of the oldest in Hordaland – are still visible, carved in the rock at Salthamaren.