- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove Livelihood and Craftsmanship filter Livelihood and Craftsmanship
- Remove Road constructions filter Road constructions
- Remove Vernacular crafts filter Vernacular crafts
- Remove Voss (tidl. kommune) filter Voss (tidl. kommune)
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Voss, frå 2020 del av nye Voss herad. filter Voss, frå 2020 del av nye Voss herad.
- Remove Lakes, rivers and river networks filter Lakes, rivers and river networks
- Remove Landscape filter Landscape
The Vosso is Hordaland's main artery, she has never run more richly than in our times, and no other river in western Norway carries so much water. The increase in the amount of water comes mainly from hydropower development, due to the transfer of water from other water systems. Climate change can also be a reason that the Vosso carries more water than before.
Deep down between the stone polished phyllite bedrock in Bordalsgjelet canyon, there is a cascading river. In close cooperation with hard polishing stones, the water has carved into the bedrock for thousands of years - and is still doing so today.